Louis Chevrolet – a book for the centennial
Martin Sinzig, Swiss Journalist and Chevy enthusiast, follows the path of Louis Chevrolet who was born 1878 in La Chaux-de-Fonds. When 22 years old, he moved to North America, got fame as a daring race car driver and teamed up with William C. Durant to form the Chevrolet Motor Car Company.
In his book, Martin describes Louis Chevrolet‘s racing career, his endeavours as an engineer and also the personal life of this famous man. An overview over a 100 years of corporate history will be added. The book will be published in spring 2011.
Be the first to get news about the english version of the new Chevrolet Book: send an e-mail with name and address and win a copy of the new book.
- April 2011: the german version of the Louis Chevrolet biography is published
- july 17th to 23rd 2011: Martin Sinzig and his friends attend the Chevy Centennial in Flint, Michigan, www.vcca.org
- may 24 thru 28th 2012: at the Indy 500 Race in Indianapolis, where Louis raced as early as 1909.
- Martin takes numerous trips to the US to find more documents which will be included in the english version of his book
- talks with a US publisher are underway. Release date will be late 2016 or early 2017